Affordable Health Insurance for Individuals and Families
Having health insurance has always been a wise decision and finding affordable health insurance plans for Individuals & Families help you manage your health care cost efficiently whenever you need it. Now, under provisions of the Affordable Care Act (also known as ObamaCare or ACA), it is a legal requirement. With few exceptions, all U.S. citizens including children must have a qualifying health care plan that covers a minimum of 10 essential standardized benefits or pay a tax penalty. You cannot be denied coverage or charged a significantly higher premium because of a pre-existing condition or your gender. If you miss the ACA deadline, you can still enroll in short term health plans. Want to know more? Check Miss the ACA Open Enrollment Period – Here’s What You Can Do.
Many Americans are covered by policies provided by their employer or union (see Group Health Insurance). Many more, including the self-employed and unemployed, purchase their own health insurance coverage. The Affordable Care Act allows individuals to buy qualifying plans through government-operated exchanges (marketplaces) or in the private market place. Wherever you purchase your plan, your coverage will be provided by a private insurance company and will comply with the provisions of the Affordable Care Act. However, you can only apply for available tax credits and subsidies through the federal exchange (HealthCare.gov) or your state exchange; and you can only purchase personal coverage on the government exchanges during open enrollment periods or when you have a qualifying life event.
How Do I Get Health Insurance?
EINSURANCE partners with the best health insurance companies in the health insurance marketplace and provides affordable private health insurance quotes for individuals and families. Just enter your ZIP code above and we will provide you with health insurance providers in your area. Compare health insurance providers and plans to decide which health insurance policy works best for you.
How Much Does Health Insurance Cost?
Premiums may vary depending on the provider and plan you choose. Each state can set the criteria for what insurers can base premiums on. For example, depending on the state you live in, you may be charged a higher premium based on your age, tobacco use, rating area or some other factor. It is crucial to compare different health insurance from top insurance companies and find best plans for you and your families.
Things to Think About
- Review your options during open enrollment period
- See if you qualify for a subsidy
- Shop Short Term Health Insurance plans to fill coverage gaps and reduce potential risks
- Check our Health Insurance Guides for more information and resources in your state
A Word About Shopping for Healthcare:
Health insurance is a very personal coverage. Since it relates to the specific issues and coverages needed by a given family or individual, it has a detailed health application. As you progress through this site, we will offer a number of solutions to your health care needs. When you have decided on one or maybe two offerings to pursue, you will be transported to that company’s website to complete the application. Keep the following in mind:
- Privacy – EINSURANCE.com collects no personal data from you so we remain unbiased in the presentation of possible products. Make sure you pick a partner of ours with good credentials.
- Registrations – If you register with us, we are able to keep track of your partner selections to assist you if need be in the future.
- Detailed information – In most cases you will receive a phone call or an email to confirm or clarify your shopping process. If you receive too many phone calls or emails, please let us know immediately. Sometimes insurance organization get overzealous in their desire to help.
Find your State-specific Insurance Guidelines
Most Popular Individual Health Insurance Articles:
How To Shop For Individual Health Insurance
Shop For Individual Health Insurance Quotes
Should You Get Short-Term Instead of Family & Individual Health Insurance?