According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), it’s a good idea to check your insurance policies once a year. Online car insurance comparisons have made the task easier than ever to compare car insurance quotes.
Car Insurance Comparison Types
There are two general types of online insurance sites. Some are lead generation sites that will sell your information to their paying insurance company clients. On the other hand, Einsurance is a quote comparison site. Users enter and submit pertinent information and are provided real-time insurance quotes from different insurance companies. It is then up to user to decide which to contact.
When comparing, make sure you’re looking at the same amount and types of insurance coverage, and deductible amounts that work best for you.
Steps to Compare Car Insurance Quotes
If you want to shop and compare car insurance quotes, there are a number of steps you will need to take.
- Decide what kind of coverage you need and how much. Depending on your needs and your state’s requirements, here are coverages to consider:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Uninsured Motorist/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
- Optional Coverages
- To find out more about types of coverage, read our articles about how much and what kinds car insurance you might need.
- Choose the appropriate liability limits. Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage is required in most states, and most also have established the minimum liability limits required.
- Decide how much you want to pay for your deductibles. A deductible is what you pay for repairs and other incurred costs following an accident, before your insurance policy takes over costs.
- Enter your information as required for getting quotes to compare. We can help with our car insurance coverage comparison tool.
- Research insurance providers. Once you have quotes to compare, do some research about the providers you are interested in. Go to your state insurance commissioner’s website and look for complaints that have been filed about different providers.
EINSURANCE: How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes Online
To get policy quotes, go to our Auto Insurance page. Here, in the Let’s Get Started box, you’ll select the kind of auto insurance you want and submit your zip code.
You will then answer a number of pertinent questions about yourself before being given a list of our partners from which you can request quotes before ultimately picking a provider and applying for coverage. Once you have picked a provider, Einsurance is no longer involved.
Whether you’re buying a new car or it’s simply time to do an annual insurance policy comparison, get more information about auto insurance and use our quote tool to receive and compare quotes from the providers of your choice.