Umbrella Policy Coverage
Umbrella insurance coverage refers to liability insurance that is in excess of other basic policies, and also potentially primary insurance for losses not covered by the other policies.
Personal umbrella policies are extremely valuable due to the fact that they protect you, and your loved ones from unforeseen and tragic events that may reach limits that could exceed what your current policy coverage offers.
What Does It Cover?
- Swimming pool, hot tub, and trampoline owners.
- Families with young drivers.
- Sports enthusiasts (snow and water skiing, horseback riding, rock climbing, golf, etc.).
- Owners or operators of operate watercraft, off-road, and recreational vehicles.
- Owners of rental property.
- Those who frequently host recreational activities on their property.
- People who serve on non-profit boards that might be exposed to liability.
- Situations where your dog either inflicts bodily harm to a neighbor, or damages their personal property.
- Situations where you are found guilty of libel/slander, or any other personal liability suit.
Always analyze your potential risks first, then choose the proper insurance that adequately protects you. Otherwise, you could find yourself wasting money purchasing all types of insurance that you don’t truly need.